A highly experienced Hepato Pancreato Biliary surgeon, Dr. Mathew Jacob is an expert in abdominal multi organ transplant surgery (liver, kidneys and pancreas). Trained extensively at some of the best institutes in the UK, he performs both living donor and cadaveric transplant of the liver. An expert in advanced Hepato Pancreato Biliary procedures including complex surgeries for cancers of the liver, gall bladder, liver, bile duct and pancreas; he is also a highly-skilled laparoscopic surgeon.
- Medical adviser to the Zonal Coordination Committee of Karnataka (ZCCK-The Organization empowered to coordinate the cadaveric transplantation activities and also educate the public on organ donation).
- Senior Consultant, Hepato Pancreato Biliary & Abdominal Multi Organ Transplant Surgery, Global Hospitals Bangalore.
- Research in liver transplantation, Department of Health and the UK National Health Blood and Transplant Services.
- Post CCT Royal College Transplant Fellow, St James Hospital,Leeds, UK.
- Research Fellow, Clinical Effectiveness Unit, Royal College of Surgeons, UK.
- Research Fellow, Ireland liver Transplant Audit.
- Trained in Yorkshire school of surgery & Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne Research interest: transplant epidemiology and prognostic modelling in liver transplantation.
- Published articles in peer reviewed journals
- Proficient in English, Malayalam Hindi, Kannada